Thursday, March 11, 2010

Selling Houses



I've come to the conclusion - in my boredom - that every house on the market should have a flyer. For some reason, our Realtor didn't supply one, which I find very strange. Very very strange.

So, I created one today. It's pretty fancy, and it should serve well with the showings we have this week - our second is tomorrow.

Luckily, it is definitely getting into "housing season." The house went on the market in the beginning of December, which is the precise time of year that no one should start trying to sell a house. But since we're getting showings now, it's not so bad. And we've already had a price reduction.

To be perfectly honest, I love where I live. The neighborhood is wonderful (despite the fact that there is a gas station next door), our neighbors are great, and it is in walking distance to the beach on the lake and one of the coolest parks in the area that includes one of the top-rated dog parks in the state. I love it. It's perfect for what I want for right now.

However, I'm getting married. So, we've started thinking about what we need for the long-term. And we've decided this isn't it. So the rental house went on the market, because it's what we need as renters (which is a pretty sweet deal that he's willing to work with us on that).

And in my everlasting boredom and love of creating marketing tools, I have designed a flyer for the house. I did get rid of all the address information and the Realtor information, just to be on the safe side!

No comments:

Post a Comment